A miscarriage can be extremely painful for every woman. A miscarriage is nothing but the end of pregnancy during the initial weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as unexpected or spontaneous abortion. According to studies, many women experience miscarriage during their first trimester.
All pregnant women must be very careful during their first trimester, especially to reduce the risk of miscarriage. Prenatal care is something that can help you have a healthy pregnancy. When you visit a specialist for pregnancy Lake Mary, they will check your condition and suggest you a prenatal care plan. You could contact Dr. Christopher K. Quinsey, MD, for the best prenatal care plan.
Below are a few things that are commonly included in a prenatal care plan.
- Genetic testing
- Monitoring Your Blood Pressure
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Diet Changes
- Ultrasound Imaging
Most pregnancy specialists ask their patients to visit their clinic once every 30 days for check-ups. During your 8th month, your specialist may ask you to visit the clinic once every 15 days until your delivery. Your doctor may recommend additional visits if yours is a high-risk pregnancy.
Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
Below are some tips from the top pregnancy specialists in Florida for pregnant women to reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Whether you are planning to get pregnant or are already pregnant, you must stop smoking. Smoking can cause various problems like birth defects, miscarriage, etc.
- Keep yourself clean. Avoid spending time in polluted areas. Wear clean clothes. Wash your hands properly before you eat anything.
- Ask your doctor whether it is safe to have sex during your pregnancy. If you had miscarriages earlier, your doctor may ask you to avoid having sex this time.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid eating too oily and spicy food. Eat nutritious food items like eggs, broccoli, low-mercury fish, green leafy vegetables, walnuts, almonds and others.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights. You must take enough rest daily. Spend some time walking daily. Avoid negative thoughts. Do meditation. Stay away from anything that can stress you.
- Stay away from alcohol completely. Drinking alcohol may cause miscarriage and various other complications.
- Avoid taking unnecessary medications.
- Drink plenty of water every day. If you fail to keep your body hydrated, you may experience weakness. It can also harm your baby.
Take an appointment with the best pregnancy specialist in Florida today for a prenatal care plan!